Would you like to experience a way of breaking free from those unconscious shackles that hold you back from fully experiencing joy, good health, success and loving relationships?
A Constellation workshop can deliver that and more…
It gives you
- Clarity – see the issue clearly for the first time from an observers perspective. Stepping outside of the issue gives you the bigger picture.
- Insight – feel the magic of seeing how your issue is connected to others. You begin to realise how much you are connected to your family and those in your life.
- Magic – see how just some simple movements can change your inner picture and empower you to make truly conscious choices. Reveal the unconscious and you then can change what you’ve been programed to do.
- Healing – move towards healing the past and embracing your future. The past is often what holds us back! Releasing unconscious burdens, agreements and patterns sets you free.
It’s a phenomenon… literally…
To explain how it works would take some time and I know you don’t really want the theory, you want to know what it does for you… so why don’t I just give you that first?
Family & Systemic Constellations can uncover the hidden, unconscious relationship entanglements that:
- Stop us from connecting deeply or even at all with our partners/lovers/children
- Succeeding in goals – career, health, financial, personal… our sabotaging part of us
- Create illness in us, mental or physical
- Lead us to addictions and excessive behaviours
- Make us feel unworthy, unloved or alone
- Prevent blended families from running smoothly
- Stop adopted children from feeling part of the family or parents from accepting them
- Keep us out of stepping fully into our life, our purpose and our joy
- Stem from our primary attachments (to our parents) and allow us to look at the issues in our lives related to that.
- Form the basis of inherited patterns of abandonment, disconnection, self worth and addiction and excessive behaviours
Here's how Family Constellation it works
How it works
It’s incredibly gentle and powerful. By coming together in a group of like minded individuals (who all are there to heal a part of themselves) we use the power of the group to gently map out the issue using representatives (from the group) for each part of the issue or people in your life (i.e family members, partner, ancestors etc). These representatives connect to your life force (constellation) and reveal the thoughts, feelings and physical energy behind the issue and reveal the entanglement that requires healing. Upon revealing what is the cause of the entanglement the facilitator can then make small but profound movements towards healing the entanglement.
The phenomenon is that the representatives and even the facilitator needs to know very little about the issue and yet, when they willingly engage with your life force, the truth is revealed and you (the client). Time and time again, clients experience the surprise at how closely the representatives respond like, act like and talk like members of their families or represent the issue closely. It’s as if the issue comes alive before you and the facilitator can gently guide you through the entanglement and help restore connection to your true self.
A little theory now…
An amazing discovery was uncovered by Bert Hellinger some 30+ years ago when he was studying the Zulu and Masai Warriors in Africa… he found that they approached life’s challenging events with a different approach… one filled with rituals… to help heal the individual and also the family and tribe. These traditional tribes looked at challenging life events such as:
- Early deaths of a child or adult
- Mental or physical illness
- Abandonment or exclusion of family or tribe members
- Emigration of family or tribe members to distant lands
- Relationship breakdowns
- Domestic or sexual violence
.. as something that needed to be healed within the individual, family and tribe or an in-balance would be created that would effect the next generation… in fact the in-balances could infect up to 7 future generations if left unhealed! An in-balance created symptoms such as the ones listed above (illness, disconnection, addictions, depression, anxiety etc). So attention was put into these events to ensure the balance was restored and subsequently, the health of the individual and the family unit could be maintained.
Bert Hellinger also observed what happened when issues were not addressed… and through that observation, also discovered that there was a natural order to a family. When the order is not right within the family this also created issues such as what was listed above (at the top). Disturbances of the order included issues like:
- disregarding children who haven’t lived (miscarriages, abortions, early deaths),
- parents who don’t have supportive relationships with each other and instead rely on a child to support them,
- parents that were simply not emotionally available to the child and were dangerous, inconsistent and apathetic in their parenting
- children having to grow up and take on a parent role early and
- blended families where previous partners are not respected (which creates problems for the child of that excluded partner).
Through observation of the tribe and it’s healing rituals, he discovered how the elders helped a person to heal an issue when it wasn’t directly related to them… such as a parent’s mental unrest. The elders had a way of dealing with in-balances that occurred in previous generations that allowed the individual to be released from the unconscious generational pattern or agreement that was causing them problems. He combined this approach with Virgina Satir’s Family systems approach which had already uncovered a phenomenon of allowing another person to step into representing a family member and that person being able to acurately convey what was happening for the person (despite not knowing the whole story). This phenomenon is consistently accurate in all constellation work and it’s termed as The Knowing Field or Morphegenic field.
The Knowing Field connects us all! It’s energy just like we are (we’re all just small particles of energy that look solid). It allows us to connect to others even though they are not with us physically in the room. It’s the energy that connects families, individuals, communities, groups and even business and corporations together.
When there’s a disturbance in the family or person, Family or Systemic (business/corporations/associations/sporting groups etc) Constellations can heal it by looking at the hidden dynamics using the knowing field. This process allowed the issue to be looked at, the entanglement (the cause) found and a ritual applied to heal the rift. Once healed in The Knowing Field, the changes then ripple out to the family in the past and future, freeing the individuals and their children from repeating the patterns.
Bert Hellinger developed Family and Systemic Constellation therapy and workshops and began training facilitators over 25+ years ago and the therapy has filtered out slowly throughout the world. It’s used extensively in many countries as a basis for relationship, family, individual therapy and also in business and non profit groups to fix business and project issues. In one country, it’s even mandated that couples undertake family constellation therapy before they are granted a divorce!
Can you provide help on a one on one basis?
Yes we can.
Please see our Private Sessions page for further details.
FAQs for Family Constellation Workshops
We have a list of commonly asked questions including:
- Do I need to have children or a partner to participate in a Constellation workshop?
- I don’t want to talk about my issue in front of others, is there another way?
- I don’t have a family issue but I would like to know why I can’t <insert issue here>.. Would a Constellation workshop help me?
- Is a Constellation workshop for everyone?
- What can’t I address in a Constellation workshop?
For answers to these questions, please see our FAQs page and navigate down to the relevant question.
All internal shifts you have for your perspective on the world are integrated at a deep unconscious level. After all, it’s our unconscious that drives everything we do.
So if you suspect this may apply to you…
If you’ve tried everything and your issues still remains…
If you don’t want your children to repeat family patterns that you seem fated to pass on…
If you don’t know what the origins of your family issues are or why they still persist…
If you want answers… and to work on the cause and not just the symptoms..
Then come along to one of our workshops or contact us for a private session.